Thursday, August 14, 2008

Veep me, baby

With Obama's V.P. pick imminent, there are a lot of names still swirling around. Since everybody and their uncle is getting in on the speculation game, here are my official picks:

Obama will choose either Gov. Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas, or Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware.

I don't know much about Sebelius except that she's been a successful governor of a very red state and has a prominent role in the Obama campaign. Conventional wisdom says Obama needs a stodgy white man to offset his blackness, but I wouldn't be surprised if instead he doubles-down on the newness factor and adds a woman to his ticket.

It's been no secret that an Obama/Biden ticket is my dream ticket. Biden is a foreign policy god. It's true he puts his foot in his mouth a lot, but that's only because he has room in there because there's never any bullshit coming out of it.

Will it be one of these two, or someone else? Time will tell.

No comments: