Thursday, August 14, 2008

Leave Netflix alone!

It drives me crazy when people hate on Netflix. The company's had shipping problems the last couple days -- it's a minor thing, I'm sure; there's no reason it should be a major headline on every news site.

Give Netflix a break! I'm not offended by this problem. I don't mind waiting an extra couple days for my movies. I've been a Netflix member since 2002 and this is the first inconvenience in an otherwise stellar record of service. I do not want the credit they're offering to cry-baby subscribers to make up for this. If you think you deserve a credit because you had to wait an extra day for your copy of Bring It On 3, you're a d-bag.

Recently I got an email from Netflix about a lawsuit. Apparently in 2006 Netflix was the target of a class-action lawsuit (which I almost always think are bullshit on principle, and this is no exception) for something ridiculous like "it's false advertising to call the service unlimited because postage takes time," etc., etc. Netflix lost. As part of the settlement, and because I had a membership during the period in dispute, Netflix is giving me a free month of upgraded service. I don't want it! I wish I could opt out. I don't want Netflix losing money on me. (It is, after all, the only service I can think of that has actually gotten cheaper over the years.)

Because what if there was no Netflix? I wish people would think about that before they sink their vampire teeth into Netflix's neck. When they bleed the company dry and force it to fold, are these people really going to drive to Blockbuster instead? I don't think so!

In closing: Leave Netflix alone! *Sob*

Update: I received two Netflix discs in the mail today, on schedule.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I didn't get mine on schedule today, but I don't mind waiting.

I second everything you said. People need to get a life. Or, hello, watch the freakin' Olympics!