Friday, January 27, 2006

Bathroom Discourse, Part 4

I am not uptight about Number 2 in public places like malls, but I care a lot about it at work. I do end up going here sometimes, but if I walk into the bathroom with Number 2 intent and someone is in here, I leave. If I am in the stall and no one else is there and someone comes in, I look under the stalls to see their shoes and try to recognize them. If it's someone I know and work with daily, then I will not continue going until they leave. Unless they are someone who has farted in my presence in the bathroom. In that case, I figure their embarassment is far worse than mine could ever be, so I continue. And, yes, I recall each person who I have heard fart because I was so embarassed to be there when it happened and so embarassed for them, since they obviously weren't wasting any time or dignity on mortification.

When I am peeing and someone comes into the bathroom, I will finish and flush as soon as possible to lessen the suspicion that a Number 2 might have been going on. Also, if the bathroom is smelly from someone else's Number 2, I will make the walk downstairs to the second floor's bathroom rather than suffer the potential blame that the stench belongs to me (if I use the bathroom while it smells and am then caught leaving as another person is entering the bathroom and their nostrils are just detecting the odor).

No comments: