Friday, May 8, 2009

Lunchtime Arrangments #2

Ben:
Lady Magatha,
--Writing to inquire about our lunch status. Are we still on? What would you like to eat? I am craving the vegan soup but will gladly venture over there if you'd prefer a burrito.
Sir Benedict

Maggie:
S.B.,
I implore your forgiveness for my lack of responsiveness. For shame, my anti-wrinkle cream has burned my skin and I have been distracted all morn.
I too am craving a vegan feast but need to restock my face wash supply in the mall. I am at in impasse. Let me consider for a few moments.
Or, I am happy to have you decide.
Yours, Magatha

Ben:
As one who understands the importance of face-wash, I would never wish to place an obstacle between you and the re-stocking of your supply. Thus I shall meet you around Back Bay at 1:09.
We can then shop and dine.

Maggie:
Forgive my wavering, but I think I might prefer to dine in the quieter vegan establishment, as we have much to discuss. Is that acceptable?
I can meet you at 1 if this plan is to your liking.

Ben:
I delight in your wavering and in your offer to partake of a menu of scrumptious soups and fantasy meats.
I will look for you here at 1:00.

Maggie:
Oh Tortlemain, my dear Torti! You are ever the gentleman.
Thank you for your kindness.
We shall sup on soup!
Magatha

No comments: