Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Moon: Stay Human or Get Lucky?

Maggie: I guess she is going to become a vampire at some point. I feel kind of sad. I was thinking that Edward probably doesn't want to see his delicate love chomping on a grizzly bear, and she probably doesn't want to have to watch him in killing action either. I wonder if they are going to make a big deal of their first hunt together.

I wonder how Bella's ability to block the special powers of all vampires will evolve if she's changed. It would be cruel of the author to have her power develop into something that put another barrier between her and Edward.

Ben: So you're pretty sure she's going to get vampirized at some point, huh? I think I'm equally as sure that she won't. My feeling is that in the end, Edward will die saving her life, and she'll get with Jacob. (That's my instinct at this point, anyway -- I remain 100% spoiler-virginal.)

Maggie: I'm still hoping she gets vampirized just because I want them to have sex. But I would be okay with it if he died protecting her from the Italian vampires and she got with Jacob. That would be deliciously tragic, but I like Jacob. I love that he was always so warm. I'd much rather snuggle up to a giant wolf man who was radiating heat than I would a smaller, stone-hard and stone-cold vampire body.

Ben: I like Jacob's warmth too. I think that alone is a big clue that he's the one Bella will end up with. As sexy and beautiful as Edward is, cold stone isn't something I'd particularly want to be in bed with (at least in the northern climate where they intend to live -- but I suppose it would be nice if they settled in Panama).

Maggie: Plus, theoretically she could have sex with Jacob, right? It's just anger that turns him, not general overwhelming emotions?

Ben: Here's an assignment for you: write some fan-fiction about Bella and Edward doing the deed.

Maggie: Your assignment made me realize that I don't really want them to do it. I'd rather just be teased for eternity!

1 comment:

Ben Monopoli said...

I think I agree: they should never do it, unless it's on the last page of the last book. Once they do it there's nowhere to go, except a dramatic break-up (which itself can only be followed by a dramatic re-get-together). Just look at Ross and Rachel!

...But that doesn't mean we can't speculate about it. Hehe.