Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Moon: Marriage and Hearing Voices

Maggie: So they are engaged? Or not? And was it really his thoughts/voice she was hearing or was it her imagination?

Ben: I think they're engaged-to-be-engaged. Seems Bella has a real aversion to marriage... As for the voices, I always just assumed it was her own conscience using his voice, like what she knew he would say if he were there to say it. You thought it was telepathy?

Maggie: I did imagine it as a telepathic connection since it only came up when she was in danger. I liked to imagine that he was able to keep tabs on her somehow. I didn't feel like she'd have been able to think clearly during the confrontation with Laurent, so especially with that scene, I felt sure she really was hearing his voice. I had no explanation for how that would happen. It was too sad to think she was truly just making it up.

No comments: