Monday, October 1, 2007

A Break in Routine

I had a doctor's appointment this morning. When I arrived at my train station to take a later train into Boston, the parking lot was full. So I decided to drive a few miles east and take the train from the next closest station.

There were only a few people waiting. Unlike my station, the parking lot at this one is split in half by the tracks. There is a walkway you can climb to cross from one side of the tracks to the other (something I wish my station had... instead, we have to go around and under the tracks).

When my train is about to arrive, an alarm sounds, making a terrible "eh eh eh eh eh" noise. My favorite thing about the other station was that the alarm was different. When the train began approaching as a small dot from the west, the alarm went "bloo blee bloo blee" - far more pleasant.

No comments: