Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Temperature of a Boy

Mike has an alarm clock on his side of the bed that not only tells him the time and instructs him to wake up, but also reports the temperature and humidity of the room.

In the winter, I love trying to get the humidity number as high as possible. Our roommate Jon says that I set the humidifier to "rain forest." I'm not happy until the glass fogs up.

I am always cold. Mike is aware that I love him not only for his kindness, sense of humor and green eyes, but for his warming capabilities. When he is in bed, the temperature reads between 74.6 and 75.2. When he gets up, it begins dropping immediately, usually all the way down to 68.3, which means I might as well get up too because there's no longer anything cozy about being in bed.

No comments: