Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Roadtrip Daydreams

Today I told myself that I should have taken time off before starting my new job. Work is hectic and I have too much to do, but this morning I found myself making a mental list of places to stop on a hypothetical roadtrip.

I picture going west and north from Boston, up through Wyoming to Yellowstone National Park. Maybe go through St. Louis and see those arches or instead go north and stop in Chicago.

From there, I'd go to Mount St. Helens and then spend a few days in Portland, Oregon to see the places I've only heard about.

Next on the list would be driving straight south along the coast and stopping to see the redwood trees. Of course, then comes a few days in San Francisco, a few days in L.A. and at least a few days in San Diego visiting Trevor.

Then it's west, through Phoenix to Albequerque. After that, my main objective would be getting back home so I wouldn't stop in any particular place for more than a night's rest. I'd swing north through Tennessee because why not see what Graceland's all about? I'd stop and see Kelly in Charlotte, NC. And it would only make sense to pause in New Jersey and see my parents for a few days before driving the final four hours back to Massachusetts.

I'd allot six weeks for the loop. Ahhh... if only.

No comments: