Monday, November 13, 2006

The Only Air Freshener You'll Ever Need

Walk into any supermarket and you'll find an entire aisle devoted to air fresheners. Sprays, gels, flowery baskets, things that plug into the wall. They come in every variety of scent, from mountain pine to summer blast, yet none of them comes close to actually smelling "fresh."

The only air freshener you'll ever need is one you probably already have. I speak of dryer sheets.

Car a bit stinky? Pass on the dangling Christmas trees and, instead, toss a few dryer sheets under the seat.

Trash can remind you of rotting meat? Drop a dryer sheet in the can before putting in the bag.

Add them to closets and drawers, keep them under couch cushions, and if you want to smell like clean laundry all day, cut off a small square of dryer sheet and pop it right in your shirt pocket.

Friendlier than cologne, less obstrusive than perfume, and a whole lot cheaper than those Glade Plug-It-Ins (you can easily get 100+ sheets for a couple bucks), dryer sheets are all you need to take care of every odor problem.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Not a bad idea!

My car is a little stinky because I still haven't thrown out the McDonald's we ate on the way to NJ on Friday. Gross, I know. I consider myself a much neater, cleaner person than I think I actually am.

Anonymous said...

OK, how in the world do you know that? You certainly didn't learn domestic tips from your mother!!