Friday, November 10, 2006

Chafee for Governor!

A few weeks ago, I wrote about my quandary over voting for a good Republican senator at a time when a Democratic Senate was so important. In the end, I voted for Lincoln Chafee, the Republican. I couldn't personally vote to kick a good man out, even though I hoped he didn't win. I felt good about my vote then, and I feel extra good about it after reading this:
A key Senate Republican has joined Democrats in opposing one of Bush's initiatives for the lame-duck Congress: John Bolton's nomination as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

...Republican Sen. Lincoln Chafee, who was defeated in this week's election, said he would block Bolton's nomination.

Chafee, a member of the Foreign Relations Committee, told reporters that he did not believe Bolton's nomination would move forward without his support.

"The American people have spoken out against the president's agenda on a number of fronts, and presumably one of those is on foreign policy," the Rhode Island moderate told The Associated Press. "And at this late stage in my term, I'm not going to endorse something the American people have spoke out against."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope this guy runs for some other office soon! He sounds like the person that we need. Nice to know that there are still some good guys out there.