Thursday, January 26, 2006

Office Attire

My office is a casual place. People wear jeans, often not just on Fridays. Unless it's a company meeting day, or something special is going on, everyone dresses in the way I imagine they'd dress to go to the grocery store or a doctor appointment. Not frumpy, but not much effort either.

The other two editorial assistants are very well dressed. They seem to go with my schedule: I try to dress well, and professionally all week, allowing myself jeans only on Fridays. Each of them have perfectly fitting clothes, and they each always look as though they are dressed for the job interview of their lifetime.

I mention this because it seems that the higher-ranking you are here, the more casually you dress. Meanwhile, the entry-level folks (or new people) look polished all the time. I guess it makes sense, but it struck me as funny.

No comments: