Sunday, June 21, 2009

Up

I wanted to stay home and save money but Mike wanted to see Up. So we bought our tickets and a giant cherry Coke and settled in between an elderly couple on our left and two couples our age on our right.

When the previews started, we put on our 3-D glasses. Even the previews were in 3-D and the kids in the audience were shrieking and ooh-ahhing. Hearing them was fun.

The movie was the most beautiful movie I've seen in a while. And I don't mean visually, though it was beautiful in that way too. The story was simple. It had a terrific tinkling piano score. I shed a few tears.

I am glad that we went and I was even happy to admit that to Mike. It put me in a happy mood that followed me through the night and is sticking with me this morning.

I would recommend it to everyone. It made me feel more in love, with both Mike and with life.

No comments: