Saturday, June 27, 2009

Doe Camp

My mother is the opposite of me. When we arrived at Doe Camp yesterday and went into the hall for lunch, I said, "Ooh, there's an empty table back there."

"What are you nuts?" she said. "Let's go sit with those three ladies, they look interesting."

"But Moooooom, can't we sit alone?"

"Don't be such a wuss, we're here to meet new friends!" she said and settled in between the ladies, and immediately asking where they were from, if this was their first Doe Camp, and if they were taking archery that afternoon.




Later....

"No one asked me for my number," she said, making an exaggerated frowny face.
"So ask them for their email address so you can get together," I suggested.
"Doesn't that make me look like a loser?"
I sighed. "If everyone thought that way, no one would ever make new friends. See if that lady from archery would want to hike with you."
She looked at me doubtfully.
"I feel like I'm coaching you on dating or something," I said.
"You're right. Forget it. Let's have another piece of cake."

No comments: