Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Floodgates

I think it's safe to say: they've opened.

Things are starting to move faster than I ever imagined. Iowa and Vermont last month. Maine today. Washington DC (kind of) yesterday. New Hampshire is moments away.

What's most exciting is that this is now being done by the states voluntarily with no court involvement.

Prop 8, as much as it hurt, was a turning point. A final injustice that woke up a lot of people. If you had told me even a year ago that public support nationwide for marriage equality would now be approaching 50%, I would've laughed. But here we are.

I want to do some traveling! There are so many more places I feel like I can go now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I told you, Ben. Once it starts, there is no turning back. You are living in a great time!

Maggie said...

I meant to say something to you about this. I started crying when I heard details on the radio.

YAY!!!