Friday, February 13, 2009

Ticketmaster, will you be my Valentine?

Ben: I was unable to get concert tickets for Kings of Leon. They went on sale this morning at 10:00 -- I was waiting, refreshing the Ticketmaster page until it went live. At 10:01 I was offered tickets that I thought were too far away from the stage so I rejected them. When I searched again at 10:02 there were no tickets found. Ditto for several minutes after that. So it appears they sold out in 2 minutes. Those other umpteen thousand people who want to see them can suck it!

Maggie: Don't even get me started on Ticketmaster. I hate them too. The same thing happened to us three times before. The third time, we went to the library so we could all (Jon, Mike and I) be on a computer, ready and waiting, and we still didn't get tickets.

Ben: At first I thought I was relieved that they were sold out because between the ticket price and Ticketmaster's stupid convenience charges it would've cost me a hundred bucks. But I wasn't really relieved so I checked again for tickets just for the heck of it. By then they'd added a second concert on another night and for that one I was offered pretty great floor tickets. I got to the check-out stage and saw the $110 price and balked and canceled the order. Stupid Ticketmaster fees. Do they really need to charge $23 for processing a web order? At least when Jesse James robbed you he had the decency to wave a gun in your face.

Maggie: I wish Ticketmaster wasn't such a monopoly. I wiggle over shows whose tickets are sold on alternate online services.

Ben: Ticketmaster makes us their Ticketslaves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Live Nation.... Originally they were going to combat Ticketmasters mad-wicked-crazy "convience" charges. But it would seem as if they too charge the same fees.