Sunday, February 15, 2009

Shoes on a Wire

One of my favorite things of all time is seeing shoes hanging from a wire. Sneakers or boots, phone or cable wires, it makes me happy. I saw a different pair of shoes slung over power lines every day for the last four days. Maybe the universe was wishing me Happy Valentine's Day.


I've heard that shoes on a wire can relate to gang activity. And that in some regions it is what you do with your old shoes when you get a new pair. Maybe some people do it for the artistic effect. Not necessarily because it's that artistic, but it is kinda of romantic.


Much to my delight, the movie Big Fish featured a magical village that you could not escape from unless you threw your shoes over the wires.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Saw shoes on a wire yesterday afternoon and immediately thought of you, Maggie! HAPPY THOUGHTS!