Monday, February 9, 2009

Lunchtime Arrangements

Maggie: Dear Ben,
I would eversomuch enjoy it if you would accompany me on a prowl for sustenance this afternoon.
Yours Truly, Maggie


Ben: Magatha Christie,
It would be my absolute pleasure to break bread with you this afternoon.
But wherever shall we go?
Yours in rain and shine, Benedict Tortlemain


Maggie: Sir Benedict Tortlemain,
I shall leave our destination to your discretion, but with one suggestion: Perhaps the Chinese location that was our intention on our previous outing is again available?
Tut tut, Magatha


Ben: Lady Magatha,
I fear that our Chinese restaurateur actually got his queue stuck in the fake-meat grinder, and was scalped, and that the "Renovations" sign is a ruse to preserve appetites and future business.

It may be re-opened by now, but I'm hesitant to chance all that walking in what may be, by then, a rainstorm involving much cats-and-doggery. Perhaps we should keep from the out-of-doors as much as possible. I suggest we visit the Pru Food Court for some smorgasbourdinous burritos.
Cherries, S.B.T.


Maggie: Sir Benedict,
I am glad of your forethought regarding the weather. Fortunate that our discourse has led to an agreeable arrangement.
I accept your proposal of food court dining with much enthusiasm. Shall I assume 9 minutes past 1 will be the time in which we make haste to the burrito counter?
Affectionately, Magatha


Ben: M,
I shall catch the orange choo-choo at 10 minutes before the hour, which should place me bodily at Back Bay (I am already there in spirit and in stomach) at approximately 1 o'clock this afternoon. My Lord is out today, so the hours of my servitude are somewhat relaxed.
SBT

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WHAT A HOOT!!!

Anonymous said...

This was a riot.