Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bagels from NJ

This past weekend, a few friends from high school visited. Each of them arrived with a dozen bagels and four varieties of cream cheese. Bagels from New Jersey are our favorite. We worked on eating them throughout the long weekend. We still have over a dozen left.

The visitors also brought a brand of beer that Mike and Jon love, but cannot be found in Massachusetts.

I thought of adding the bagels to a list I keep in my paper journal titled "Things In Which I Heart." Then I considered starting a new blog to chronicle the things that give me joy, like I did with daily photos last year. But I'm not sure a whole new blog is necessary.

So welcome to a new label on Let's Call It Nothing: Maggie's Happy Thoughts. I chose the name because of the Peter Pan reference. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but I love the story of Peter Pan. Even more than I love a fridge full of New Jersey bagels.

3 comments:

Ben Monopoli said...

Woohoo! Your new topic is a nice gift for the blog, which turned 3 yesterday!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY "Let's Call it Nothing"! Three years already! I really enjoy reading this blog. I check it every morning- sometimes I get a good laugh, sometimes a tear and sometimes something to really ponder. Keep up the good work.
Looking forward to the new topic, Maggie!

Maggie said...

We're lucky to have faithful readers like you! :)