Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our Twilight

Ben: I'm looking into becoming a werewolf.

Maggie: Let's write a story about Ben as werewolf and Maggie as vampire.

Ben: Ooh. Let's. Can we fight for the love of a hot bisexual werepire?

Maggie:
Excellent idea. Let's start by figuring out what he looks like... the details could take days to finalize. ;-)

**************************

Ben: So what should our werepire (assuming he should be a werepire at all (what is a werepire?)) look like?

Maggie: What if you're a werewolf, I'm a vampire, and our mutual love interest is something else. What else is there that he could be? If there are no options, then I think a werepire is a good idea - one who has to drink blood while in human form, but turns into a werewolf on the nights when the moon is full.

Ben: What if the love interest is just a mere-mortal human? We can have a throw-down for the right to change him into the winner's own immortal form.

8 comments:

Maggie said...

So, back to what he looks like. I go for black hair...

Should he have something strange about his appearance - like one eye brown, the other green? Or maybe he has a scar on his leg.

Ben Monopoli said...

Black hair works for me. Maybe he's from Buenos Aires or something? I love that South American flavah.

Great idea about multicolored eyes.

How about physique? Lithe or stocky? Swimmer or quarterback?

Maggie said...

I could go with swimmer or quarterback. You mean quarterback and not defenseman, right? A defenseman would be one of those massive football players... I don't think that's what we want here, right?

What's his name?

Ben Monopoli said...

Haha, yeah, I meant quarterback and not defenseman. My first idea was to use rugby player as an example of the athletic stockiness I had in mind, but I didn't think it was clear enough.

I feel like he should be somewhat physically imposing in order to command the attention of a vampire and a werewolf, you know? Maybe a Michael Phelps type.... with a scar on his leg.

Maggie said...

We are in total agreement about the physique, if not the mustache. ;)

I am going to leave the name up to you - you are much better at names.

Ben Monopoli said...

Maggie, you didn't like the mustache on this sinister-looking doorman? http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/12/face-of-the--14.html

Alas... ;-)

How about a name from Shakespeare? Like Mercutio? Or from that Robin Williams Peter Pan movie... like Rufio?

Rufio Marquis.

Maggie said...

Rufio Marquis sounds good to me.

The mustache was too thin, I think. I rarely like mustaches on their own. If you want to throw in a goatee, we could talk.

Ben Monopoli said...

Ideally I'd through in a goatee that envelopes the whole face.

Oops, my werewolfism is showing.