Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rolling Stone's new look

Three cheers for the new size and format of Rolling Stone. If the change had come while I was in college and still in the habit of decorating my dorm-room walls with photos from the magazine's (formerly) oversize pages, I would've been offended. But now that I'm a commuter first and no longer decorate my living space with band photos and fashion ads, the smaller size is welcome. It fits much better in the hand and the backpack, and I like its new glossy pages. The first issue in the new size is the first one I've ever taken with me to work.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I agree that it's easier to travel with, but I liked how Rolling Stone stood out from other mags by having those unusual dimensions.

I am anxious over the future of print media. :/

Ben Monopoli said...

As an aside to myself, what's with the picture of Obama on the new cover? I've seen enough photos of the man by now to recognize that that one is somehow off, in a way I can't pinpoint. It reminds me of a creepy Aphex Twin album cover:
http://www.musicsnobbery.com/images/2008/01/03/aphex_twin.jpg

Unknown said...

His face appears elongated somehow- chin too sharp