Saturday, August 23, 2008

O and Joe

Rarely am I happy to be woken up at 3:19 a.m., but last night at that time I was pleased to receive Obama's text message announcing his VP. I stuck the glowing phone in Chris's face, waking him up too.

"It's Biden!" I squealed.

When you get your dream ticket in the middle of the night, it's awful hard to go back to sleep.

This is a good choice for Barack. Biden is no yes-man, and that says a lot of about the confidence Obama has in his own judgment -- he's willing to be challenged. I've heard him mention in the past Lincoln's strategy of filling his cabinet with his rivals. If he's going to follow that mold, this is a good start.

Anyway... There's a certain harsh reality that comes with getting your dream ticket. What if they win and get to the White House and suck? I'll feel silly. So my rah-rah fandom lasts only until Inauguration Day. After that, they'll have to earn it day by day.

No comments: