Friday, June 13, 2008

Hand Soap

When Mike's sister moved into a new apartment with her boyfriend, I wanted to send her a little gift. When I saw this soap, I bought it immediately - I couldn't get to the checkout fast enough. It was perfect for her.



It's creepy, funny in such an obvious way that it's lame, which makes it even funnier. I showed the hand-shaped pieces of soap to Mike's parents before mailing them. They laughed and confirmed that Mike's sister would adore the gift.

She told me that when she got it in the mail, she plucked the bag from the box, and dangled it in front of her boyfriend, saying, "Maggie sent us... a bag of... hands..."



When she read the tag and saw that it was soap, she set the pieces up in her bathroom and waited gleefully for visitors to be horrified and disturbed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maggie- I love that soap!! Definitely the type of gift I would give. Where did you find it?
Joy

Maggie said...

I ordered it from Etsy, which is like eBay, only everything is handmade.

I paid something like $9 for it but the only listing I can find for it on there now is for $17 plus shipping.

I want to know where to get the mold to make it!