Friday, May 9, 2008

New Titles From Three Favorites

I know the summer is going to be a good one when it starts out with three new books from three of my favorite writers.

Blood Roses, by Francesca Lia Block, comes out on the same day as Snuff, by Chuck Palahniuk. And two weeks later, When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris hits shelves.

It might be nice if they were spaced apart more so I'd have more to look forward to, but I will be just as happy having them all waiting to be read. Sadly, I tear through these authors' books and am finished all too soon. Especially Francesca Lia Block.

When reading each of the three, I frequently come across lines that I wish I'd written. That I could have written if I was more focused or more creative. They inspire me to write.

As if I didn't have enough to be excited about with the upcoming vacation, anniversary, birthday, boat party, family trip to Vermont, I can now add these new book to the list. I'm so excited, I want to wiggle.

No comments: