Monday, January 21, 2008

Ode to Triscuit

You must try the new flavors of Triscuit! A while back the Fire Roasted Tomato & Olive Oil flavor caught my attention in the supermarket. My first thought was, of course, that "Fire Roasted" should be hyphenated... but after I got past that, the flavor seemed unique enough to give it a whirl.

Boy, am I glad I did.

In addition to the woefully unhyphenated flavor above, there are Rosemary & Olive Oil and Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil. I recommend the Fire Roasted Tomato, but the Rosemary runs a close second.

I've never been a proponent of Triscuits. The originals are little slabs of bone-dry wheat, and that's about all you can say. But these new kinds are little slabs of bone-dry wheat whose flavor will make you slap your knee and say, "Hot damn!"

No comments: