Friday, December 7, 2007

Just what I need for my corduroy digestive tract.

For those with patriotic credit cards, Boston.com has suggested some toys made in the USA that the little tyke in your family might enjoy this Christmas. A Harry Potter costume, a plastic playhouse. But one suggestion stood out as belonging squarely in the what-the-@#&! category. I give you: Felt Raviolis.


Introduce your little chef to haute cuisine with felt ravioli from Nico & Zoe. All they need are an imaginary side of broccoli rabe and pretend light sage butter sauce. Why hasn't someone come up this sooner?

Is there really that much of a demand for cloth pasta? Apparently so. The felt raviolis are -- you guessed it -- sold out.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

How strange! I don't even think plastic food is that popular a plaything for kids. I'm trying to remember if I had any fake food to play with and I think the only thing I had was a fake pizza with a tray and a serving spatula. But it wasn't that popular with me and my brother.

Ben Monopoli said...

Given the childhood obesity rates these days, maybe kids should be playing with artificial food. ;-)

NickM said...

I got some cloth veggies for Christmas once, but I'm pretty sure they were for juggling