Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Employment Daydreams

If I quit my job tomorrow, I think the first thing I would do is get a part-time job at someplace like Barnes and Noble and I'd spend the rest of my time trying to start my own business.

I first daydreamed about a dog-walking business. Then I thought that it should not be that specific and decided I would instead advertise myself as a personal assistant. I could do errands like post office runs, dog walking, dry cleaning pick-up, making dinner, picking up kids from school or daycare, maybe some simple cleaning stuff... I like doing those household things so it might be fun to do them for someone else and get paid for it. I often wish I had someone to go to the post office for me, and return my library books and think about what to eat for dinner.

1 comment:

Ben Monopoli said...

This makes me realize I need a personal assistant.