Thursday, August 9, 2007

Best Cross-Marketing Ever

While I would only give the Simpsons movie an "it was good" review, the promotions for it would get an A+ (if I was in the position to give grades). I enjoyed seeing Homer on Burger King commercials and Marge when I visited JetBlue's website. There's nothing like The Simpsons to make something boring into something half-worth paying attention to.

You could also go on the movie's website and create a Simpsons character that looks like you. Here's my best rendition of me.

Best of all, of course, was the idea to turn a dozen 7-11 convenience stories into Quik E Marts: complete with life-size cut-outs, Buzz Cola, Squishies, pink sprinkled donuts and employees in Apu costumes. Free-standing buildings also had spray paint courtsey of Bart on their exterior walls.


The closest Quik E Mart to me was in New York City. It wasn't the best in the country, but it was worth the trip.

No comments: