Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Color Coordination

My new job has made me a little too concerned about my outfits. Everyone here dresses very well most of the time. I often feel inferior. My clothes are nice enough, but I don't have stylish shoes because my feet are size 12 and most shoes aren't that big. At least, the stylish ones aren't.

Anyway, I was delighted that today my sweater vest matches my pointy, low-heeled green shoes. I adore these shoes because they are a size 12 and I found them in Marshall's for a mere $18. They aren't just green, either. They have pink embroidered flowers and sequins in pinks, gold, white and blue. A little wacky, but enough to make me feel less like a cube drone as I wear my pearls and headband.

But I just caught myself checking my watch and realizing that the hands were the same green as my shoes and sweater. For a second, I was thrilled. Then I caught myself. "Do not get happy about matching watch hands, Maggie," I thought. "That is a sign that you are either losing your intelligence or your priorities."

No comments: