Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Foster Cats

It's been over a year since I began fostering kittens to help local animal rescue missions. In that year, 17 cats and kittens have been through my apartment. Now we're in a condo and Kitten Season '07 is about a month away from beginning.

It's discouraging to think that even though the group I'm working with now has found homes for almost 200 kittens in their two short years of operation, this doesn't even register when compared to the stray problem that still exists in most places. We focus on two towns in Massachusetts. Some entire counties don't even have a group working to reduce the cat population by spaying and neutering.

Anyway, I am looking forward to having more crazy and destructive kittens come through our new place. It's fun to have them, relieving to see them go, and exciting to get new ones.
Here are some of our favorites:







I don't know how the two women who run our group haven't burnt out yet. Even so, I wish I could do this full time. How long until I retire?

No comments: