Monday, June 12, 2006

Hear ye? Hear ye?

Can you hear this ringtone?

According to the NY Times, this new ringtone, which only young people can hear,

is perfect for signaling the arrival of a text message without being detected by an elder of the species.

"When I heard about it I didn't believe it at first," said Donna Lewis, a technology teacher at the Trinity School in Manhattan. "But one of the kids gave me a copy, and I sent it to a colleague. She played it for her first graders. All of them could hear it, and neither she nor I could."

I can hear it. Thank god. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to. Guess I can push that quarter-life crisis off a little while.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

It's just a high-pitched squeak noise right? Like a dog whistle kinda?

Ben Monopoli said...

Yup. Kind of annoying, but I guess that's the price to be paid for stealthiness.

Anonymous said...

That is annoyin'., My real question is if phones can actually replicate that sound. That is on some high frequency shit and most phones only have a squished dynamic range.