Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Google Notebook

Has anyone else discovered this yet? Google has a habit of stealthily releasing beta programs and services, and Notebook is the best one yet (second to Gmail, of course).

In simplest terms, it's a net-based bookmark file. Excellent for people using more than one computer. Often in my browsings at work I'll stumble across an interesting website. How then should I remember the address for when I get home? In the past, it has always meant emailing myself links -- a process that's inefficient, at best. Now, with Google Notebook, I just right-click on anything -- links, pages, pictures -- select "Note this," and it gets popped into a little window via a browser extension. Then I can sign into Notebook at home and have my day's stumblings instantly available. Genius.

No comments: