Friday, June 9, 2006

The Ghostwriter

No, not a comic book character... a profession. Would I be a good ghostwriter? I tend to think I would be, especially if it was more on the editing side of things rather than full-on writing from scratch. The ego aspect of having someone else's name on my work wouldn't bother me, I don't think. If my book ever gets published I will almost certainly use a pen name anyway (most likely my first and middle name). God forbid I ever have fans -- who wants random people knowing who you really are? Not me. Of course, they're welcome to a carefully-managed caricature of me that I can present to them at readings and book-signings...

No, I think I'd be a good ghostwriter. I just need to get published a few times on my own to show I've got the chops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Todd.