Friday, April 14, 2006

Got Milk?

I guess the promotional movie tie-in is inevitable at this point. I remember when Lord of the Rings came out, my dad, a big fan, shunned any evidence that it was a movie and not some captured footage from another time or dimension, including actor interviews and DVD featurettes.

I, for one, enjoy behind-the-scenes stuff because my default presumption is that everything on-screen is CGI. To know that the Shire and Edoras were actually built from the ground up, and that the fields on the Kent farm were actually plowed and acres of corn meticulously planted, brings fantasy into the real world for me. I guess if the price we have to pay for such amazing detail is seeing Superman with a milk mustache, it's worth it.

The S-shaped marshmallows in the Lucky Charms, however, have got to go.

No comments: