Thursday, April 27, 2006

Committing Friendstercide

Yesterday I deleted my:
-Livejournal,
-Friendster profile,
-Crisis on Infinite Blogs! blog,
-Story of Ben blog, and
-several unused email addresses.

It feels good. I've always been at odds with my Internet presence. I try to keep it reined in as much as possible, but still it can get out of control. There is Friendster and MySpace and Facebook, all which do the same thing. There is Livejournal and blogs and blogs and blogs, none of which anyone really reads. E-mail addresses for work and personal and for all the secondary sites I've registered at. Part of me would like to remove myself from the Internet entirely, but that's not exactly practical. I kept my MySpace profile, for instance. I do want to be at least a little searchable.

But enough with the glut of online self-expression.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Wow! Your LJ? Are you planning to write more in your physical, tangible journal?

Does this bode badly for the future of LCiN?

Ben Monopoli said...

I hadn't used my LJ in almost a year -- it was just there lingering -- so it didn't take much consideration to decide to kill it officially.

This bodes well for the future LCiN. I've consolidated my attention onto the online areas that matter.