Monday, March 27, 2006

Missed Hair-portunities

Now that I'm almost 24 and working a desk job and hoping to eventually get a job at a public library, the opportunity to do something really crazy with my hair has passed.

I never dyed it a wacky color as so many of my friends did in high school. I'm not sure if I ever would have dyed it purple or anything like that, but I'm sure that now I can't. Why it is that only musicians and artists and punkrock youth can have multi-colored hair? I wish it were more acceptable for other professions to be more creative with their locks. Tattoos are becoming less taboo in the workplace, maybe blue hair is next?

I always wanted to dye my hair blue or try a mohawk.

6 comments:

Ben Monopoli said...

Why is it that mohawk boys are all so hot? My theory is that, in order to have a mohawk, you have to be a pretty confident person, and I think the confidence mohawk-wearers exude is what's attractive.

Maggie said...

Mohawk boys are always hot!

Remember that girl at Emerson who had a pink spikey mohawk with black tips? I was so impressed by her confidence to have a style like that.

I miss Mike's long hair.

Maggie said...

Maybe I could dye my hair a crazy color, but also buy a wig in a respectable style. That way, I could interview at library jobs looking normal, and I wouldn't have to worry about being discriminated against because I have blue or green hair.

Ben Monopoli said...

I love that 70s-length and -style hair is coming back. I've waited for so long, through that buzz-cut phase where people spiked up the front. Ugh! And beards, too; I read in the NY Times about how beards are coming back. I love the shaggy look. Maybe every generation needs to go shaggy to seperate itself from real adults.

Anonymous said...

Maggie for one thing dont you freak if someone even walks by you with a pair of scissors? And two, alot of girls that I know do the wig thing. My friend does:

http://myspace-875.vo.llnwd.net/00018/57/82/18112875_l.jpg

Oh and its tame but Sara Bartons hair has always been cranberry and shes a school teacher.

Anonymous said...

myspace-875.vo.llnwd.net/00018/57/82/18112875_l.jpg