Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ricky's Thesaurus

I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am.
Oh Ricky Martin. Not exactly a surprise, but good for you.

I don't get the adjectives that people have started including in these admissions, though. Ricky is a fortunate homosexual. Neil Patrick Harris (the best thing to spring out of the gay community since Pop Tarts) was a content gay man.

Use of adjectives is a relatively new thing. Ellen's coming-out was short and sweet: "I'm gay." (Even if she did say it over a loudspeaker.) It makes me wonder what other famous homos would've said if they'd come out in this age of adjectives...

Ellen: I'm a talkshow-hosting, American-Idol-judging gay woman.
Elton John: I'm a polka-dot-loving, big-glasses-wearing gay rocket-man.
Rosie O'Donnell: Bwaahhh!
Sir Ian McKellan: I'm a wizard-playing homosexual gentleman. Tea?

No comments: